After the Café
Evaluate your café.
Find out what worked and what didn’t so that you can make improvements. (You may also want to or need to document the results for a sponsor or partner.) Visiting another café to see how it works can also provide useful feedback.
During the evening, pay close attention to and make notes on the following:
- What aspects of the event seem to actively engage everyone?
- Are people relaxed and comfortable, squirming in their seats, or barely awake?
- Are there prolonged stretches with just one voice speaking?
- Is there a moment when everyone becomes very animated? What made that moment happen?
- What were the polling results? Was a particular question or topic more popular or more likely to get a response from the audience?
Register your café to find sample questionnaires and other evaluation information in the Grow a Café section of this site.